New Current Situation
I said that we expected to be meeting with their representatives at the Cremorne Gardens sometime in January so that they could make their final assessment as to whether or not to go ahead with the project. Unfortunately they have been unable to visit Cremorne Gardens yet due to other outside pressures on their time, and it is unlikely that they will be able to until some time in February.
As a result, today (Wednesday 18th Jan) we have unfortunately had to inform our marshals and helpers that we believe that at this late stage there will not be enough time to get a viable number of entries to cover our costs if we were to hold an event in May/June 2017.
Therefore sadly there WILL NOT be a Summer 2017 Shropshire Triathlon.
However, we are still negotiating with this commercial company for the possibility of them running the Shropshire Triathlon at a future date. As soon as we know one way or the other if there will be a future edition of the Shropshire Triathlon we will be able to first let the organising committee know the name of the new organisers (and if possible the date they propose for the event). That will be swiftly followed by an email to all our marshals and a Tweet to all our followers (so make sure you follow @Shropshiretri on Twitter) and an update to this blog.
Shropshire Triathlon Cycling Co-ordinator